“In philosophy, it became, almost overnight, ‘academically respectable’ to argue for theism, making philosophy a favored field of entry for the most intelligent and talented theists entering academia today” — Quentin Smith (atheist luminary), “The Metaphilosophy of Naturalism,” Philo, no. 2 (2001): 3.
Over the last 50 years or so the tide of philosophy has favored Christians. Atheistic theories such as logical positivism have withered and died, whereas Christian analytic philosophy has exploded. Modern arguments for the existence of God based on modern physics and formal logic have siezed the upper hand from atheists.
- Cosmological Design in (Mostly) Plain English Modern physics points to God. A taxonomy of more advanced rebuttals here.
- The Kalam Cosmological Argument in (Mostly) Plain English. The Big Bang has given Christians the edge in “first cause” arguments for the existence of God. See a refutation of the standard rebuttals here.
- The Moral Argument in (Mostly) Plain English If atheists believe in objective ethical truths – such as do not torture babies – then where is the proof? If they believe in invisible ethics, then why not Santa Claus and the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
- A Taxonomy of Trivial Objections. Can God make a boulder that is too heavy for him to lift? That kind of stuff.
- John DePoe’s Apologetics. Excellent website with accessible articles for the general reader.